dinsdag 10 augustus 2010

Exhibition 002 - Nel 2



Glasses: Silhouette 1413, made in 1994
[L: -8.00; c-1.00 h / R: -7.50; c-1.00 h / var add 1.75]

This portrait was Nel's favourite after her first photo
shoot. Needless to say, it will be included in the exhibition.

Last year, after doing another photo shoot with Nel,
it dawned to me that she could only cover a small part of
my collection and it would be handy to look for models
with a different Rx. When I discussed this with Nel,
she started suggesting candidates and then the ball started
rolling....
After doing a couple of photo shoots, I started this weblog,
working away for myself quietly. After a few months, the
weblog was discovered by Martin from Köln who also supplied
me with some excellent hig Rx glasses. More international
reactions followed, and it developed into a dedicated - and
much appreciated - peer group.
Some time after her own superb photo shoot, Carla suggested
the option of an exhibition to me. This was something I had
not considered at all - but then again, why not?
Shortly after the arrangements for the exhibition were made,
Nel suggested that the opening would be much more of an
event if a catwalk was included. Nel was also the first model
who volunteered to participate in the catwalk. Hiska was all
go for it when I suggested the catwalk to her and soon I had
no less than seven volunteers for the catwalk.
I felt grateful
for the generosity of my "Ladies behind crystal veil" and I
still feel that way. The project has grown steadily, not only
under my own hands, but also under my models' hands.
Thanks to each and every one of you, ladies!

But it all really started with my own partner, Nel. Thank you,
my dear Nel, for your continuous support during all the
subsequent phases of the project!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten